Sunday, August 19, 2012

Cooler Days

The days are steadily getting shorter and the nights darker and longer.  We are losing about 3 minutes of sunlight everyday.  The sun still doesn't set till about 10:30 but it won't be too long before sunset is much earlier than that.  We had a wonderful heat wave last week.  Temps reached almost 80 degrees!!  People here were down right miserable.  We had enough days in a row without rain that all the roads dried up (yes, most of our road system here is dirt) and the dust was absolutely horrible.  But the rains have returned, the temperature dropped and the winds howl so loud I thought one of the kids toys got left on.  
This week should be a most interesting week.  I leave tomorrow morning for a village on the Bering Sea called Kipnuk.  I will be there till Thursday afternoon.  I'm going with another PA, and the purpose of this trip is to train me to be able to go to my villages in the near future.  I can't wait to tell you all about the trip when I return.  It should be exhausting fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment